Many people love camping, hiking and other outdoor activities.
But what happens when you need to take a shower? It can be difficult to find a space for privacy or enjoy the experience of taking a hot shower in the great outdoors.
If you are someone who loves camping but hates feeling grimy or smelly, then this article is for you!
We have some great tips on how to keep your hygiene up while out in nature.
- Choose a campsite with enough space to set up a shower stall. The more privacy the better!
- Prepare for your camping trip by purchasing all of the equipment you will need before leaving home. This includes extra water, shampoo and soap if needed.
- Clean the shower space before you begin using it! The last thing you want is a dirty floor or walls that are not clean and easy to use.
- If there isn’t an existing structure available at the campsite, then try preparing one yourself by setting up a tarp or shower curtain to enclose the space.
- If you’re sharing with friends, check it out ahead of time and make sure everyone has showered! It can be hard finding privacy when camping so being considerate is always important. Don’t leave your bestie smelling like a campfire if they don’t want to…
- Don’t forget to bring towels along with you! It can be tricky drying off in the great outdoors. Bring a couple of sturdy and lightweight ones that will dry fast after your showering session is finished.
- If there isn’t enough space, then try using toilet paper or wipes instead.
- You may also want to bring some biodegradable soap or wipes with you to make yourself feel extra fresh before bedtime. This is also a good idea if the campsite has shared bathrooms!
- Don’t forget your bug spray and sunscreen, because it’s always important to be protected from mosquitos when camping. If mosquitoes are an issue where you’re staying at camp, then try this natural mosquito repellent.
Are portable showers worth it?
Many people don’t like using portable showers because they are not as easy to use and you do need some space for them.
However, if you’re okay with that then it can be a great option when camping!
They come in different shapes and sizes but the most common ones attach directly onto your water source (i.e. a faucet).
They’re great for single campers, couples and families. They also retain water well so you won’t need to keep filling it up too often.
The downside is that they may be less efficient than traditional showers because the flow of water isn’t as strong. This means waiting around longer between rinses.
They also need to be used with care so don’t leave them unattended for too long. That’s just an accident waiting to happen!
How do you wash your hands when camping?
Well, you have a couple of options. You can either use water from your portable shower or bring hand sanitizer with you to the campsite if there isn’t any available at all!
Hand sanitizers are great because they’re small and easy to carry around so it won’t be too heavy on your back when going off for a hike.
They’re not as effective at killing germs, but they are safe to use on your skin and won’t cause any problems. Just be sure that you have access to water when using one of these!
Another option is just washing them with soap or wipes if needed. Again, it’s important to bring enough for everyone to have a turn!
Do you love going camping? Leave us a comment to let us know if you will follow these tips for showering while camping or not.